The global market for preventive healthcare (technologies and services) predicted to reach $287 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 9.7% over the forecast period, driven by government initiatives and support, coupled with growing public awareness.
- High rates of preventable health problems amongst children in economically developed countries have prompted governments to seek pathways for early intervention.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), seven out of 10 U.S. deaths are caused by chronic disease, while roughly half of the country’s population has been diagnosed with a chronic illness, including heart disease, cancer, diabetes, AIDS, or other conditions classified by the medical community as preventable.
- Preventive health is the use of recognized proactive health screenings, counseling and maintenance to prevent future illness and treatment. Preventive health is also known as preventive medicine or prophylaxis.
- Preventive Healthcare comprises of measures taken for illness aversion, instead of ailment treatment. Preventive health measures focus on preventable disease, injury and patient illness that can be caught early to save the patient suffering from the resulting condition.
- With the increasing incidence of cardiac diseases, hypertension and diabetes, people are increasingly adopting preventive monitoring as an effective tool. Regular health checkups, appropriate immunizations, proactive screening measures can help discover many health conditions in their early stages, including depression, sexually transmitted infections (STI), cancer and diabetes. Preventive health technologies and measures save insurance providers and patients from expensive healthcare costs in the long run while providing better patient outcomes.
The global preventive healthcare technologies and services market report estimates the market size ($million 2017 to 2027), market share, growth trends and forecast (CAGR% 2021 to 2027).
The global market for preventive healthcare (technologies and services) segmented by early detection and screening technology (automated screening, personalized medicine, prophylaxis technologies, others); prophylaxis technology (influenza vaccines, combined DTP vaccines, human papillomavirus vaccine, meningococcal vaccines. other vaccines), advanced technology (automated prescription, formulation and dispensing, clinical decision support system, computerized provider order entry systems, electronic prescribing, smart infusion pumps, smart packaging), chronic disease management (asthma monitors, blood pressure monitors, cardiac monitors, glucose monitors), and geography.
- Personalized medicines segment accounted for the largest share of early detection and screening technologies market, whereas automated screening segment forecast grow at the highest and double digit rate throughout the forecast period.
- Affymetrix, Inc., HistoRx, Inc., Hologic, Inc., Illumina, Inc. , Qiagen, and Third Wave Technologies, Inc., are some of the key competitors in personalized medicines market.
- Other newly marketed prophylactic vaccines against Hepatitis B, pneumococcal disease and rotavirus dominated prophylaxis technology market, followed by the Influenza vaccines. Meningococcal vaccines segment predicted to register double digit growth during the next five year period.
- Computerized provider order entry systems segment led the advanced technology market, however electronic prescribing segment anticipated to outgrow computerized order entry systems, at the highest CAGR over the forecast period.
- Blood glucose monitoring systems segment dominated the chronic disease management technology market, however cardiac monitoring systems segment anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
The global market for preventive healthcare (technologies and services) research report is divided by geography into North America (U.S., Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of EU), Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Rest of APAC), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of LA), and Rest of the World.
- North America followed by Europe recorded the highest revenues and growth rates for total preventive healthcare technologies and services market, driven by favorable governmental policies, and rising awareness of various preventive methods and medical services available in developed nations.
The global market for preventive healthcare (technologies and services) research report also tracks the major competitors operating in the market and provides detailed analysis of the global market.
Major competitors operating in the global market for preventive healthcare (technologies and services) and included in this report are Omron Healthcare, Inc., Medtronic plc, Abbott Laboratories, Inc., Healthways, Inc., Dilon Technologies, Inc., Merck & Co. Inc. and ScriptPro LLC.
- Early Detection and Screening Technology
- Automated Screening
- Personalized Medicine
- Prophylaxis Technologies
- Prophylaxis Technology
- Influenza Vaccines
- Combined Diptheria- Tetanus-Pertussis (DTP) Vaccines
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccine
- Meningococcal Vaccines
- Other Vaccines
- Advanced Technology
- Automated Prescription, Formulation and Dispensing
- Clinical Decision Support System
- Computerized Provider Order Entry Systems
- Electronic Prescribing
- Smart Infusion Pumps
- Smart Packaging
- Chronic Disease Management Technology
- Asthma Monitors
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Cardiac Monitors
- Glucose Monitors
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of EU)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Rest of APAC)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of LA)
- Rest of the World
- Company Profiles
- Abbott Laboratories, Inc.
- Dilon Technologies, Inc.
- Healthways, Inc.
- Medtronic plc
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Omron Healthcare, Inc.
- ScriptPro LLC
To request Table of Contents and Sample Pages of this report visit: