The global market for healthcare M2M solutions estimated to become $9.6 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 13.8% over the forecast period, driven by its unique offerings in advanced communication and networking services worldwide.
- The other advantages of M2M solutions in healthcare include decreased healthcare costs, by increasing health observability, collaboration among physicians and physician-to-patient efficiency.
- An aging population, increase in monitored illnesses like diabetes and heart disease and insurance mandates around hospital stays and visits have led to an increase in home-based health monitoring.
Healthcare solutions are rapidly adopting proactive approaches for early detection, prevention, and long-term management of health conditions. The IT-based applications significantly improve the management of chronic conditions, such as in treatment of cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure, anxiety, stress, depression and diabetes.
- Today, one of the core drivers of healthcare industry transformation is machine-to-machine (M2M) technology. The M2M-based medical devices can measure blood pressure, heart rate, body temperature, respiratory rate, blood glucose and cholesterol.
- For example, ECG units already exist that transmit information on the blood pressure, pulse, or blood sugar level of the patient to doctors in the nearest hospital while the patient is being transported in the ambulance.
M2M communication as a intelligent pervasive application provides a framework to develop services in different fields such as smart metering, remote monitoring, security, and home healthcare.
- Recent technological advances in M2M systems together with the rise of M2M communications over wired and wireless links allow the design of lightweight, low-power sensors at low cost for wearable sensor networks, integrated circuits, and wireless communication.
- The M2M network can extend its application base to providing relevant biomedical information and to monitoring changes in patient condition using comfortable biomedical sensors in conjunction with M2M devices.
The global healthcare M2M healthcare solutions market report provides market size ($million 2017 to 2027), market share, growth trends and forecast (CAGR%, 2021 to 2027).
The global M2M solutions in healthcare market segmented by product / component [M2M connectivity services, M2M applications and platforms, M2M cellular and satellite modules, others (implants, research and education)], application (medical facilities, patient well-being, sports and fitness, others), and geography.
- Among the products or components, the M2M cellular and satellite modules segment accounted for the largest segment of total healthcare M2M market, attributed to increasing utilization of cellular M2M connectivity modules coupled with rising number of M2M healthcare applications and growing demand for first-responder connectivity modules.
- The M2M applications and platforms segment predicted to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
- Based on applications, the medical facilities segment dominated the total market, due to growing elderly population and increasing incidences of chronic disorders, and improving efficiency of healthcare delivery systems.
- The sports and fitness segment anticipated to witness fastest CAGR throughout the next few years period.
The global market for healthcare M2M solutions research report is further divided by geography into North America (U.S., Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of EU), Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Rest of APAC), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of LA), and Rest of the World.
- Geographically, the North America region registered the largest revenue segment in the global healthcare M2M market, owing to increased healthcare expenditure, government initiatives for affordable healthcare, and rapid adoption of M2M solutions in healthcare.
- On the other hand, the Asia Pacific market expected to grow at the fastest rate over the forecast period.
The global market for machine-to-machine healthcare solutions report also provides the detailed market landscape (market drivers, restraints, opportunities), market attractiveness analysis and profiles of major competitors in the global market including company overview, financial snapshot, key products, technologies and services offered, and recent developments.
Major competitors operating in the global healthcare M2M solutions market and included in this report are AT&T Inc., Athenahealth, Inc., Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc., Apple Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Gemalto NV, IBM Corporation, Sierra Wireless, Inc., and Stanley Healthcare.
- Product / Component
- M2M Connectivity Services
- M2M Applications and Platforms
- M2M Modules (Cellular and Satellite)
- Others (Implants, Research & Education)
- Medical Facilities
- Patient Well-Being
- Sports and Fitness
- Other Applications
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of EU)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Rest of APAC)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of LA)
- Rest of the World
- Company Profiles
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- AT&T Inc.
- Athenahealth, Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Gemalto NV
- IBM Corporation
- Sierra Wireless, Inc.
- Stanley Healthcare
To request Table of Contents and Sample Pages of this report visit: