The global market for anesthesia devices estimated to cross $17.1 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 8.6% over the forecast period, driven by increasing prevalence and incidence of chronic diseases, technological developments, and growing number of surgical procedures.
Anesthesia devices are gaining importance in the medical device industry and currently being used in various surgical procedures.
- According to American Society of Anestheologists (ASA), more than one-third of Americans who undergo procedures involving anesthesia now have them outside of the operating room (O.R.), an increase of 27 percent in five years.
- The market growth reflects a shift toward safer less invasive procedures and tests that still require anesthesia.
Anesthesia delivery system consists of an anesthesia delivery unit (ADU) that performs many functions, including mixing anesthetic gases and oxygen, vaporizing volatile anesthetic drugs, ventilating the patient, and supporting complementary anesthesia devices such as monitors and gas disposal systems.
- Most vendors, however, manufacture machines that perform the delivery and monitoring function independently, while at the same time being compatible with the other machines available in the market.
- Thus the anesthesia delivery machine of one manufacturer can be integrated with the monitoring equipment from another manufacturer with the help of mechanical or digital solutions.
Over the years, the conventional anaesthesia machine has evolved into an advanced care station.
- The new machines use advanced electronics, software and technology to offer extensive capabilities for ventilation, monitoring, inhaled agent delivery, low-flow anesthesia and closed-loop anesthesia.
- The modern integrated anesthesia workstation is designed to be a complete anesthesia and respiratory gas delivery and monitoring system.
- Advanced anesthesia care station offer integrated monitoring and recording facilities and seamless integration with anesthesia information systems. It is possible to deliver tidal volumes accurately and eliminate several hazards associated with the low pressure system and oxygen flush.
- Modern anesthetic machine incorporates several safety devices, including an oxygen failure alarm, Nitrous cut-off or oxygen failure protection device, hypoxic-mixture alarms, ventilator alarms, etc.
The anesthesia machines contains mechanical respiratory support (ventilator) and O2 support as well as being a means for administering anesthetic gases which may be used for sedation as well as total anesthesia.
- Anesthesia accessories include anesthesia breathing bags, breathing circuits, face masks, oxygen delivery adapters and masks, non-rebreathing circuits and carbon dioxide absorbers.
- Disposable devices include anesthesia circuits or breathing circuits, anesthesia masks, ETTs and laryngeal mask airways (LMA).
- Based on the impact of various trends in this market in the short, medium, and long terms, it is estimated that the market is likely to grow at a steady pace.
The global anesthesia devices market report estimates the market size ($million 2017 to 2027), market share, growth trends, and forecast (CAGR% 2021 to 2027).
The global market for anesthesia devices segmented by product [anesthesia machines (anesthesia workstations, anesthesia ventilators, anesthesia monitors, anesthesia delivery devices (portable delivery devices, standalone delivery devices); anesthesia disposables (anesthesia masks and anesthesia accessories)], and geography.
- Based on the products, the anesthesia machines segment accounted for the largest segment accounting for more than 50% share of the total market, due to increasing number of surgical procedures and rising awareness about preventive healthcare measures.
- However, the anesthesia disposables segment expected to witness double-digit growth rate throughout the coming years.
- Anesthetic delivery and management machines have been designed to provide a precise and constant supply of medical gases such as oxygen and nitrous oxide mixed with anesthetic vapors to be delivered with safe pressure and flow to the patient.
- Among the anesthesia machines segment, anesthesia delivery machines sub-segment held the largest revenue share, while anesthesia ventilators sub-segment anticipated to register fastest growth rate during the forecast period.
Market drivers for anesthesia products include:
- Rising respiratory disease burden leads to higher consumption of respiratory devices.
- Personnel shortage leads to increased automation and demand for advanced equipment.
- Advances in equipment performance features leads to faster replacements.
- Increase in number of surgical procedures conducted annually leads to increased usage of anesthesia devices.
- Increase in number of operating rooms leads to higher installment rate.
- Marked preference for single use devices contributes to demand for single use anesthesia and respiratory devices.
- Competition among health care providers reduces replacement periods.
The global anesthesia devices market research report is fuether divided by geography into North America (U.S., Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of EU), Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Rest of APAC), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of LA), and Rest of the World.
- In terms of geography, the North America region accounted for the largest share of the anesthesia devices market followed by Europe region, and also expected to maintain its leadership position during the forecast period, primarily due to increase in number of surgeries and intra-operative procedures using anesthesia devices and rising geriatric population and associated diseases.
- However, the Asia Pacific market is considered to be the most lucrative for this segment, owing to a marked rise in patients suffering from chronic respiratory diseases, rising disposable incomes and tax benefits provided by governments in emerging countries.
The global market research report also provides the detailed market landscape, market drivers, restraints, opportunities), market attractiveness analysis and profiles of major competitors in the global market including company overview, financial snapshot, key products, technologies and services offered, and recent developments.
Major competitors operating in anesthesia devices market include GE Healthcare, Getinge Group, Teleflex, Inc., Draegerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, OSI Systems, Inc., Smiths Medical, Inc., and Mindray Medical International Ltd. Other players profiled in this report include AirSep Corporation, Becton, Dickinson and Company (Carefusion Corp.), Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Corporation, Masimo Corporation, Medtronic plc (Covidien plc), Philips Healthcare, and Resmed.
- Anesthesia Machines
- Anesthesia Workstations
- Anesthesia Ventilators
- Anesthesia Monitors
- Anesthesia Delivery Machines
- Anesthesia Portable Delivery Machines
- Anesthesia Standalone Delivery Machines
- Anesthesia Disposables
- Anesthesia Masks
- Anesthesia Accessories
- Anesthesia Machines
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of EU)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Rest of APAC)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of LA)
- Rest of the World
- Company Profiles
- Airsep Corporation
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (Carefusion Corp.)
- Draegerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- Getinge Group
- Masimo Corporation
- Medtronic plc (Covidien plc)
- Mindray Medical International Ltd.
- OSI Systems, Inc.
- Philips Healthcare
- Smiths Medical, Inc.
- Teleflex, Inc.
To request Table of Contents and Sample Pages of this report visit: https://www.ihealthcareanalyst.com/report/anesthesia-devices-market/