The global primary immunodeficiency diseases market expected to reach US$ 6.1 billion by 2021, growing at CAGR 6.7% over the forecast period 2017-2021, due to higher incidence of primary immunodeficiency disorders worldwide.
- Demographic data reported by select physicians presented differences in gender and age [Physician-reported regional patients cases or population by Jeffrey Modell Centers Network (JMCN) worldwide].
- In 2013, patients aged 5–19 years old (38 %), males (57 %), and a total of 62 % of patients identified were in the pediatric age range of less than 1–19 years old were most commonly reported as diagnosed with a primary immunodeficiency.
- In 2015, Male patients accounted for 58.3 % globally, while female patients accounted for 41.7 %. In the US, 55.7 % of the patients were male and 44.3 % of patients were female. Globally, 63 % of the patients were 19 years of age or younger, while 37 % were 20 years of age or older.
Primary immunodeficiency diseases or disorders (PIDD or PI) are caused as part of the body’s immune system is missing or does not function normally, such that it is an inherited flaw in the immune system that increases the susceptibility to infections. Besides susceptibility to infections, PIDD may cause other health problems as well, including allergies, asthma, swollen joints, digestive tract problems, growth problems or an enlarged liver and spleen.
The global primary immunodeficiency diseases market report estimates the market size in US$ million for 2014-2021, and forecasts growth trends over a period of 2017-2021. The market for key market segments has been estimated based on epidemiology approach considering patient diagnosis rates, patient treatment rate (IVIG/SCIG), average cost of treatment by regions. The highlights of the report include global number of PID patients, by disease (including subclasses), global number of patient population for treatment or therapy, global number of PID patients, by 15 most commonly identified PIDs by region, and by country, and PID patient’s gender and age by global comparative analysis. The global primary immunodeficiency disease (PIDD or PID or PI) market is dominated by North America and Europe, collectively accounting for major share of the market in 2016. National PID registries worldwide, increasing healthcare expenditure and government support are the major factors driving the global primary immunodeficiency diseases market during the forecast period.
Global Patient Surveillance 2015: In 2015, the distribution of patients diagnosed with PI based on the categories defined by the IUIS Expert Committee for the Classification of PI, predominantly Antibody Deficiencies are reported by physicians to be 63.4% in the US, 47.7% internationally, and 53% globally. Well-defined Syndromes with Immunodeficiency was 16. % in the US, 11.2% internationally, and 12.9% globally. As a percentage of all patients identified with a specific defect, Antibody Deficiencies account for 57 % of all patients identified with a specific defect.
Browse Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases Market by Disease Type (Antibody Deficiency – Agammaglobulinaemia, Common Variable Immune Deficiency, IgG Subclass Deficiency, SIgAD; Cellular Immunodeficiency – Ataxia Telangiectasia, DiGeorge Syndrome, Hyper IgM Syndromes, Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome; Innate Immune Disorders – Complement Deficiencies, and Hyper IgE Syndrome) and Test Type (Blood and Prenatal Testing), and Treatment Type (Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy, Antibiotics Therapy, Stem Cell and Gene Therapy) and Forecast 2017-2021. The report also provides the detailed market landscape and profiles of major competitors in the global market including company overview, financial snapshot, major products and services offered, and recent trends in strategic management.
Salient Features of the report (Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases Market):
1. Botttom-up research methodology (assumptions) for market size estimation and forecast
2. Global Number of patient population for PID (subtypes) by country, 2013 & 2015
3. Global Number of patient population for treatment or therapy by country, 2013 & 2015
4. Global Number of PID Patients, by 15 Most Commonly Identified PID, 2013 & 2015
5. PID Patient’s Gender and Age – Global Comparative Analysis, 2013 & 2015
The major companies profiled in the report include Baxter International, Inc., Bio Products Laboratory, Biotest AG, CSL Behring LLC, Grifols S.A., Kedrion S.p.A., LFB S.A., Octapharma AG, and others.
The global primary immunodeficiency diseases market is segmented as:
- Disease Type
- Antibody Deficiency
- Common Variable Immune Deficiency
- IgG Subclass Deficiency
- Selective IgA Deficiency (SIgAD)
- Cellular Immunodeficiency
- Ataxia Telangiectasia
- DiGeorge Syndrome
- Hyper IgM Syndromes
- Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome
- Innate Immune Disorder
- Complement Deficiencies
- Hyper IgE Syndrome
- Antibody Deficiency
- Test Type
- Blood Testing
- Prenatal Testing
- Treatment Type
- Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy
- Antibiotics Therapy
- Stem cell and Gene Therapy
- Geography (Region, Country)
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of LA)
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of EU)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Rest of APAC)
- Rest of the World
- Company Profiles
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Bio Products Laboratory
- Biotest AG
- CSL Behring LLC
- Grifols S.A.
- Kedrion S.p.A.
- LFB S.A.
- Octapharma AG
To request Table of Contents and Sample Pages of this report visit: