The global market for sterilization equipment and disinfectants predicted to reach nearly $16.8 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 8.0% over the forecast period, driven by best practices followed by hospitals to mitigate the risks of pathogenic infections.
Sterilization is the complete removal or destruction of all forms of microbial life, including bacteria, viruses, fungi and spores. Sterilization is achieved by steam, dry heat, ethylene oxide gas and liquid chemo sterilizers.
Disinfection is a process that eliminates a defined scope of pathogenic microorganisms but not necessarily all microbial forms. Disinfection does not attempt to remove all viable microorganisms.
- Disinfection’s main difference with sterilization is the lack of sporicidal activity, although this is an oversimplification.
- Disinfection has been categorized into three levels: high, intermediate and low.
- Achieving disinfection and sterilization through the use of disinfectants and sterilization practices is essential for ensuring that medical and surgical instruments do not transmit infectious pathogens to patients.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has provided the follow-up documents as “Guidelines for Environmental Infection Control in Health-Care Facilities” and “Guideline for Disinfection and Sterilization in Healthcare Facilities”.
The global sterilization equipment and disinfectants market report provides market size ($million 2017 to 2027), market share, growth trends and forecast (CAGR%, 2021 to 2027).
The global market for sterilization equipment and disinfectants segmented by sterilizer type [heat sterilizers (autoclave – traditional autoclave, tabletop autoclave (gravity displacement autoclave, pre-vacuum displacement autoclave, steam flush pressure-pulse autoclave), hot air oven], low temperature sterilizers (ethylene oxide sterilization, vaporized hydrogen peroxide, hydrogen peroxide gas plasma), filtration sterilizers, radiation sterilizers (gamma sterilization, electron beam sterilization, others), disinfectant type (low, intermediate and high-level disinfectants, oxidizing and non-oxidizing disinfectants), application (medical devices, pharmaceuticals, life sciences), and geography.
Geographically, the global market for sterilization equipment and disinfectants research report is further divided into North America (U.S., Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of EU), Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Rest of APAC), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of LA), and Rest of the World.
The global market for sterilization equipment and disinfectants report also provides the detailed market landscape, market drivers, restraints, opportunities), market attractiveness analysis and profiles of major competitors in the global market including company overview, financial snapshot, key products, technologies and services offered, and recent developments.
Major competitors operating in the global market for sterilization equipment and disinfectants and included in this report are 3M Company, Advanced Sterilization Products Services, Inc., Belimed AG, Cantel Medical Corp., CISA Group, Getinge Group, Kimberley-Clark Corporation, Matachana Group, Nordion, Inc., SAKURA SI Co. Ltd., STERIS Corporation (Synergy Health plc), and TSO3, Inc.
- Sterilizer Type
- Heat Sterilizers
- Traditional Autoclave
- Tabletop Autoclave
- Gravity Displacement Autoclave
- Pre-Vacuum Displacement Autoclave
- Steam flush Pressure-Pulse Autoclave
- Hot Air Oven
- Low Temperature Sterilizers
- Ethylene Oxide Sterilization
- Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen Peroxide Gas Plasma
- Filtration Sterilizers
- Radiation Sterilizers
- Gamma Sterilization
- Electron Beam Sterilization
- Heat Sterilizers
- Disinfectant Type
- Low, Intermediate and High-Level Disinfectants
- Oxidizing and Non-Oxidizing Disinfectants
- Medical Devices
- Life Sciences
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of EU)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Rest of APAC)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of LA)
- Rest of the World
- Company Profiles
- 3M Company
- Advanced Sterilization Products Services, Inc.
- Belimed AG
- Cantel Medical Corp.
- CISA Group
- Getinge Group
- Kimberley-Clark Corporation
- Matachana Group
- Nordion, Inc.
- SAKURA SI Co. Ltd.
- STERIS Corporation (Synergy Health plc)
- TSO3, Inc.
To request Table of Contents and Sample Pages of this report visit: